Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Binge drinking among women | The Manila Bulletin Newspaper Online

Binge drinking among women

By EDUARDO GONZALES, MD
May 10, 2011, 12:46pm

MANILA, Philippines -- Q: I’m 20 years old and I have a problem regarding drinking alcohol (beer, gin, tequila, etc.). Since I’m a female college student with lots of friends, sometimes I get invited to parties and gatherings. One time I drank tequila (I drank a lot) and that night my whole body became itchy. The itchiness lasted for a week. A month ago I attended a party where fruit juice laced with gin was served. I developed itchiness again. Am I allergic to alcohol? Does this mean I cannot socialize anymore? What if I find a job and my boss requires us to drink in gatherings? What advise can you give me? My friends drink a lot and get drunk every Friday night. What are the health risks of this practice? --Twinkle, Pampanga


Binge drinking among women | The Manila Bulletin Newspaper Online

No comments: