The 12-Step program focuses on more than just stopping using drugs, acting out, drugging or drinking. The program also builds basic human spiritual values and practices. These in turn give a natural emotional high to any life situation.
1. An increased tendency to let things happen rather than make them happen.
2. Frequent attacks of smiling.
3. Feelings of being connected with others and nature.
4. Frequent overwhelming episodes of appreciation.
5. A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than from fears based on past experience.
6. An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.
7. A loss of ability to worry.
8. A loss of interest in conflict.
9. A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others.
10. A loss of interest in judging others.
11. A loss of interest in judging self.
12. Gaining the ability to love without expecting anything in return.
Twelve Signs of a Spiritual Awakening
( Source Unknown )